Sunday, December 30, 2012

Fall 2012

We've had so many great times I try to capture them on film so I can look back and remember them--especially since my memory seems to be less sharp than it was in past years.  I have been meaning to share these pictures with family, but I've gotten behind.  So here are a bunch of pictures from the past couple of months.
 
 
I came up with a new way to clean our floors:  dump water, rub around with mops, and vacuum it up with my new wet vac.  he first time we did it, the kids went to town dumping water!  Took a while to vacuum it all up.


In the heat of August, I took the kids to an indoor play place called Xystus Kidsland--


This was the beginning of Nicole's being able to use big-kid swings.  She hangs on tight!


Nathan playing basketball with a kid he doesn't know (and who probably didn't speak the same language)



Nathan had several favorite spots in the play structure


We went with our friends.  This is one of Nicole's buddies from church.


Nathan loved the zip line!

In September the kids made up superhero identities for each of them. 




Emily:  Miss Awesome America
Superpower:  General Awesomeness



Brandon:  Mr. Strong
Superpower:  Super strength



Nathan:  Electris
Superpower:  Electricity


Jacob:  Pajaman
Superpower:  Scares away nightmares


Nicole:  Miss Cuteness
Superpower:  Extreme cutness
 Here's just a picture of a cute little boy with his beloved blue puppy and Nathan's puppy

At the end of September, the Primary kids at church prepared the annual Primary Presentation for the congregation in sacrament meeting.  Each kid had a speaking part to say in the microphone.  We had a practice session at home.  The kids set up a podium and microphone:

Emily was one of the narrators so she read many parts.  But she memorized one or two of the scriptures she had to say.



Jacob's part was "I can be nice like Jesus."  He said it great during the practices, but clammed up during the sacrament meeting presentation.
 
 
 
Nicole wasn't part of the Primary program, but she really wanted to talk in that play microphone!
 
In October I took the kids to Comprehensive Park a couple of times.  We fed the fish and ducks and played on the playground.



Nicole was afraid of a stray cat.


Brandon, Nicole, and Jacob on the cool swings


Nicole on the train structure


Nathan climbing


Brandon





Nicole and Jacob on the train


Jacob on the front of the train


Beautiful Emily


Jacob by the pond





Nicole hurt herself so she wanted to sit on my lap for a while.  I enjoyed sitting with her so much that I handed Emily the camera and asked her to preserve the memory for me.  Nicole usually doesn't sit still on my lap for long!

Now here are a few disconnected photos--


Nicole got a hold of my make-up bag and try to pretty herself up.  When I came to check on her she was just opening up the liptick!  I think that's eyeliner on her forehead.

In October, Jacob and I started playing games a lot together during Nicole's nap.  His favorite is dominoes (Mexican Train).


In November, I had parent-teacher conferences, and Brandon's teacher gave each of the kids a large sheet of paper to take home, just for fun.  They created these great works of art after the conferences.




No comments: