Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Still infected

I took Jacob to the doctor today. She said he obviously is still infected with MRSA, a strong bacterial infection he was diagnosed with at 2 mos. It tends to live on the skin once you've got it. I got some more strong antibacterial soap and was also instructed to treat any bumps with the Bactroban and give him a bath in bleach solution.

2 comments:

Jared and Adrianne Blake said...

Interesting, Jill. I hope he recovers from his bumps soon! My sister Katelyn had MRSA back in Feb of last year--it really affected her immune system and she missed a ton of school and work. She has had some repeat "scares" over the last few months, and frankly, I think it made her a little paranoid. Anytime she has anything that looks like a zit on her body, she panics and puts hydrogen peroxide on it. Apparently one of the doctors told her that if it is a bump from MRSA, it will not bubble up like other wounds normally do...

Jill said...

Jacob is doing much better now. The spots are mostly healed up. He also received a blessing last week that the staph infection would be removed from his body.