We're halfway through week 3 of potty training Nathan. He's done really well going pee-pee in the toilet and rarely has accidents. But does anyone have any great tips for getting him to go #2 on the TOILET? Not only is he pooping in his underwear two or three unpredictable times per day, but now he won't tell me when he goes (probably because I will show my disappointment), and he'll SIT in it, squishing it into the fibers of his tighty-whities. Not fun to wash out. Not fun at all.
3 comments:
I don't really have any great words of wisdom because I've had this issue with the first three that I've potty trained. My only suggestion is to buy some really cheap underwear and just throw them away after accidents. In my experience they just all of a sudden decide to start going #2 in the potty. I've never determined any rhyme or reason. Sorry if that's depressing but that's just been my experience. There's always rewards you can try too. Although my kids would just go in their pants and still expect the reward. :) I personally think that potty training is the worst thing in the world!!
I don't have any personal experience with potty training, but I know my sister in law had problems with her little boy, so she bought Monster Truck underwear. (Monster Truck's are his favorite!) And told him that if he had an accident he had to wear the white underwear, but if he didn't all day, he could wear the Monster Truck ones. She stuck to it, and after a few times of getting his favorites taken away, he decided to just go in the potty!
I hope this helps!
I like the idea of rewarding him with the favorite underwear!
Post a Comment